Monday, July 30, 2012

From Sickness Into Health



Sorry about the delay in blogs. I have not been feeling very well and am trying to get back to full health physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. God has been very faithful to me and has restored my health and strength somewhat. Before coming into this blog today I have been working on the blog from yesterday. I am having a blast writing these blogs and learning about God, but Satan is seeing that and he is really trying to get me down about not finishing them the day of the reading etc. I have been thinking these past few days (and for some people they are thinking "oh no Trisha is thinking")... Lol My hope and prayer for this blog is that someone will come across it and they will give their life to Christ. Everything that I write is based on what I'm being told by God. I am interpreting these Bible verses how God is revealing them to me. I am excited to see what God has in store for this blog. I do have to ask those who are reading my blog to pray for me. I have been dealing with some health issues that need prayer. If you want to know more, you can message me somehow and I will tell you, but for right now lets take a look at Psalm 17-20....


Psalm 17:1 " Hear, O Lord, My righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer it does not rise from deceitful lips" This passage is interesting to me. First off David loves using the senses. He spends a lot of time pleading with God to "listen to him" or "give your ear". I know this is my own interpretation of this, but I feel like David is trying to tell God that his prayer is pure and true. He is not speaking any deceit. I feel like there are some times we come to God in prayer and we are like "okay God so here I am again and I need this and this and this oh and don't forget God I'm still praying for this person to get better. Why have you not listened to me?" Etc etc you all know what I'm talking about and we all do it. I believe that in order to come to God without a deceitful heart we need to put all our worries and needs aside and first thank God for everything He has done for us. I am not a fan of the fact that David is stating "God Listen to me". As like God doesn't listen to us.

Psalm 17:6 "I call on you, O God, for you will answer me give ear to me and hear my prayer". When I read this I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I feel like David is demanding God around a lot. I am not a fan of the word WILL. I feel like David is saying that once he prays God will answer his prayer...I feel like it gives false hope to Christians. Yes God will answer your prayers. He may not answer them the way you want them. He may not answer them when you want him to. He may just give you a straight NO...

Psalm 17:11-12 "They have tracked me down, they now surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground. They are like a lion hungry for prey like a great lion crouching in cover". This passage has great great great imagery. I am picturing myself in the center of all of these people. They are surrounding me in a circle. Their eyes are piercing to my heart. They all grab some part of my body and throw me to the ground....All these people are ready to beat me and prey on me. I have felt this myself. You wake up some day and you feel like the whole world is just against you. You feel like Satan is just out to get you, but this is why we are told in 1st Peter 5 to "be sober minded and alert".

Psalm 18:1 "I love you, LORD, my strength" I can not think of anything to say to this except AMEN!!!!!!

Psalm 18:2 "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold" This verse gives me a lot of confidence. When my life is going bad or I feel weak, I can find my hope in the strength of God. I have so many songs coming in to my head while I am writing about this passage... The song "Rock of Ages" and the song "a Mighty Fortress is Our God". These two songs talk about the strength of God against anything that Satan thinks he can throw at us.

Psalm 18:9 "He parted the heavens and came down; dark clouds were under his feet" The world that we live in is a very dark world. God opened up the heavens and Jesus Christ came to us in the form of a tiny baby. He came from His perfect world with God to come to our dark, filthy, disgusting world. Talk about sacrifice....

Psalm 18:16-17 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me"... I have been through a lot in my life and I have felt like I was in deep water. I felt myself drowning. There was no way God was going to be able to deliver me from this hurt and pain. But then one day I will feel God holding onto me saying "Trisha your enemies may be to strong for you to take on yourself, but remember I am with you and I will rescue from those who keep you from me"....

Psalm 18:46 "THE LORD LIVES! PRAISE BE TO MY ROCK EXALTED BE GOD MY SAVIOR" The LORD lives??????? why yes He does. He lives in my heart and He is my God and My Savior. "My God He was my God is His my God he's always going to be". This song is called "My Savior My God" By Aaron Shust. My Savior Lives, My Lord Lives, and the rock of my salvation LIVES!!!!!! (sorry i just get really excited about it)

Psalm 19: 1-6 (please grab out your Bible and read this segment) I LOVE THE IMAGERY that David gives. It makes me think of standing out in creation and singing "Shout to the Lord"... "Mountains bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of Your name. I sing for joy at the work of Your hands. Forever I'll love you forever I'll stand".  Verse 6 makes me think of a sunrise and a sunset and everything in between. "no one is deprived of its warmth".

Psalm 19:14 "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight. LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer"... While I sit here and write this blog I wonder "What is God thinking when He sees into my heart while I am writing this?" "Is He please with what He reads?".  Then I think to myself  "my words and my meditations are made perfect through the blood of Jesus Christ"
 Psalm 20:1-5     In these 5 verses of Psalm 20, there are 5 "MAY" statements.


Statement 1: "May the Lord answer you in your distress". All of us go through hard times in our lives. Many of my Friends know what I have been through. This right here gives me hope that the Lord will come to me and see my distress and answer me when I call him.

Statement 2: "May he send you help from his sanctuary and grant you support from Zion" This gives me some hope. God is offering His help. He is watching me from His sanctuary and when the timing is right, He will send His help down to me.


Statement 3: "May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings" When I read this verse I find myself translating this into our culture. When I read "burnt offerings" I think of "may he accept your offerings". As I meditate through the Word of God, we are told that our bodies are our temples. I think to myself that my offering is giving my body as a living sacrifice.


Statement 4: "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed" I like this verse. I have desires of my heart that i would love to have. Those obviously are things between God and I, but I hope that some of the desires of my heart be given to those who are faithful to the creator. The second part of this verse makes me happy as well. "May he make all your plans succeed". I have many plans going on in my head, but what I really want is for the plans of God to succeed in my life. The biggest plan that I have that I want to succeed through is graduating college. I am 28 credits away from this. I am excited to see what plans God is going to succeed in my life.


Statement 5: "May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your request".  I have gone through many of things in my life. This give me the hope that once I overcome something, there are going to be people around me shouting for joy. They are going to be happy that I have overcome something that was hard. Something that has been a temptation for me.  I have one thing that has been keeping me from fully giving my life to Christ. I have been getting help from a very great friend of mine. He has been trying to help me come to terms and overcome this stronghold that Satan has over me. I can not wait to have victory over the devil. The one thing that makes me happy is knowing that God has already beaten Satan and he is DONE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!


 I have been beaten up by Satan and I'm hanging on by a small thread. I am getting closer to God and Satan is not happy with it. I look back over the last 5 statements and I can find hope and joy through those statements. Even though I am going through a lot right now, physically I will go from Sickness into Health. Mentally I will go from Sickness into health. Spiritually i will go from being Under the power of Satan to the power of the RISEN KING!!!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






all creation will praise Your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment