Friday, July 27, 2012

From Fasting to Fulfillment

Even though yesterday was a very hard day, I woke up this morning very spiritual refreshed and renewed. Of course we all know that Satan does not like it when we are spiritually refreshed and renewed so of course he had to throw off my game. I started off this morning in a great mood. Had some great conversations with Kiearra and Jamaal about God and attitudes. Then my day got slammed when people brought negativity into my life. Satan saw a great way to throw me off my game. He knows that I care about people and I want everybody to be happy. Satan made some pokes at people I really care about and tried to make them angry so it would distract me from my good mood. Well Satan succeeded but only for a short while. I am starting to get back onto my game and I'm digging into the word of God.... :) Psalm 11-16

Psalm 11:4 "The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD is on his heavenly throne. He observes everyone on the earth; his eyes examine them."   When I read this passage it brings tears to my eyes. I am one of those people who believes that our loved ones are looking down upon us as well. This also makes me think about all the bad things I have done and tried to keep secret from God, but yeah God sees everything. All the little lies we tell, all the mean things we say about people, all the thoughts we have in our minds. God looks down and sees and hears all of it.

Psalm 12:1 "Help, LORD for no one is faithful anymore; those who are loyal have vanished from the human race"...Oh goodness nobody is faithful anymore. This couldn't be anymore true. When I look around my town, my state, my country I am disgusted. When I watch TV, when I go on the internet, when I watch movies, all I see is sex, sex, sex, vulgar language, more sex, and teen pregnancy.
 There are no faithful people any more. In the New Living Translation this verse reads "Help, O Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth". This makes me really sad for the people back in David's time, but it also makes me sad for our world right now. There are mass murders, people being killed by mentally unstable people, war is raging and the only thing we can do is Cry out for help to our God who is looking down on us.

Psalm 13:1-2 "How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 2 "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? A lot the past few weeks I have felt like this. I have felt like God has abandoned me and that God doesn't care about me. I feel like He is far off, but in all reality, I have walked away from Him. He is the one constant thing in my life. He is the only person that hasn't walked away from me. We all have our off days or our down days, but we have to remember that God is looking down on us and cares about us. (resort back to Psalm 11:4)

Psalm 13:5 "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation" This verse made me think of the song "Your Love Never Fails" by Jesus Culture. I shared that song at the bottom of my last blog

Psalm 13:6 "I will sing the LORD's praise, for he has been good to me" As some of the people reading my blog know, I am BIG into music. A lot of the time when I read through God's word and dig into it, some songs start to make sense. For example the song that comes to my mind is "You are so Good to Me" by Third Day. The 1st verse and the Bridge make total sense to this verse it goes as follows
  •  You are so good to me
    You heal my broken heart
    You are my Father in heaven  (VERSE1)

  •  You are my strong melody
    You are my dancing rhythm
    You are my perfect rhyme
    And I want to sing forever  (BRIDGE)


Psalm 14:2-3 "The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if htere are any who understand any who seek God 3 "All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one" This verse brings me back to Psalm 11:4 and Psalm 12:1 where the Psalmist looks at the people and says "you are all corrupt and non of you does good or loves God" there is no good in this world anymore. Very True and I agree 100% with the Psalmist. But on the flip side you may be reading this blog saying "but Trisha there are some people that do good". This is true but the question is "what are their intentions"? Do they do good because they want to look good in front of people, or do they do good because they want to glorify God? sit and ponder this before you move on....

Psalm 16:2 " I said to the LORD 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.' " Apart from you, I have no good thing? ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW... this is a hard one for me to wrap my head around .I have so many good things in my life. I have so many good people in my life. But apart from God I have no good thing? Can someone please comment and explain to me what this means?

Psalm 16:11 "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." The New Living Translation reads "You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence, and the pleasures of living with you forever".  This brings me back to Jeremiah 29:11 where Jeremiah presents the word of the Lord to those who are in captivity. He states "For I know the plans you have for me Declares the Lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" This right here is my theme verse for life. I know that God will present me with His plan. The thing is it will not be in our time, it will be presented in HIS time. If we follow Him, follow His plan, and follow what is written in His word, we will be filled with joy while we are in His presence.

The past day has been interesting. I have spent a lot of time in prayer, a lot of time in the Word of God, and I completed a fast. God reveled to me a few things during this time, and I would like to share these things with you... I am a senior at Kuyper College and I have been in pursuit of an internship for quite some time now. I spent a good amount of time in prayer about this internship. I asked God where he wanted me to go and he was silent. I asked again in a different way and God was still silent. Now for me when God is silent I feel like He is ignoring me, but like I said before, God is not away from me or ignoring me, I am ignoring him and walking away from him. So finally I said to God "okay I can't worry about this anymore. Please make it known to me where you want me to go somehow so I at least know something is there. I opened up my email on Thursday, and there was an email from a worship director who wanted to meet with me. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think that this is part of God's plan and it makes me think back to Psalm 16:11. He has a plan for my life. He has set a path for my life and after a while he will make it known to me. Blessings on your day :)



http://youtu.be/9vCNvWvJvnk

No comments:

Post a Comment