Friday, August 3, 2012

I am afraid of nothing because of You

Whew its been a long week. The best thing about this week is even though it has been long, I have carved out a good amount of time to spend with God. I have learned that it is very important to spend time with God. You will feel refreshed and renewed physically, emotionally, and mostly spiritually. Today I will be focusing on Psalm 26-31. (even though I do not have verses from all of the chapters, I still encourage you to read them)

Psalm 27:1-2 "The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me, it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall". When I started reading this, I thought about physical light and spiritual light. I am a person is scared of the dark. I have three night lights that get me down the stairs into my bedroom. I can sleep in the dark because I stop thinking about how dark it is.  I may be getting off my rocker, but when I see those night lights, I think about God being with me and keeping me safe.  Now we move onto the spiritual side of Light.  A lot of the time when someone is depressed, they are told they are in a "dark" time in their lives. I have been in this time. For me, when I am depressed, I have a fear of death, but also a fear of Satan. Now that I think about it why do I have fear? I have the brightest light in the world in my life. There is no reason to fear anything. Right now I am in a great spot. God has a great hold on my life and I praise Him everyday for the people in my life, but also for the things He is doing in my life. I am not afraid of what the world will throw at me. The reason why this is, is because God is going to help me through it and He will never leave my side.


Psalm 27:4 "One thing I ask from the LORD this only do I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to see him in his temple".  You all know where I'm going with this. The song "Better is One Day" The writer of the song ask to seek the beauty of the Lord. We do not have to ask to see his beauty, just take a look outside and you will see His beauty. Every sunset shows the power and might of the Lord.


Psalm 28:4 "Repay them for their deeds and for their evil work; repay them for what their hands have done and bring back on them what they deserve". This verse kind of bothers me. We have no right to tell God to repay evil. We cannot ask to have people get what they deserve because we all deserve death and Hell. Lets just be serious for a minute. We are all evil. We have all committed sins. God sent His son to die on the cross to save our butts. Every single one of us deserves death on a cross. We have done evil. Jesus did not do anything wrong, but he loves us so much he decided to take our death so we could have life.


One of the things we need to remember is that God is our light and our strong hold. We have nothing to be afraid of and nothing to fear if God is on our side. Also we need to remember that God's beauty is everywhere. The only thing you need to do is just open your eyes and look.





No comments:

Post a Comment